Re: Trouble getting started with Multitouch testing - Apple Magic Trackpad

Davide Paltrinieri said the following on 09/03/2010 04:06 AM:
Hi, like Patrick, I also would like to help in the debugging... but I'm
not able to run any test case...
I'm trying to simply test the two finger scrolling on last Maverick on
my HP tm2 2000 laptop but when I run

gesturetest 0x4c000be 0 0xfff
or the relative for root window got from  (xwininfo -root | grep"Window id"  | awk'{print $4}'  )

gesturetest 0xaa 0 0xfff

did you try:

sudo gesturetest 0xaa 0 0xfff

I always can't get any output

Also if I'm running
synclient -m 100

I got this:
Can't access shared memory area. SHMConfig disabled?

Couldn't find synaptics properties. No synaptics driver loaded?

Can SHMConfig could be a problem?

Here is my complete environment:

I have the following:

    * HP tm2 2050eg
    * Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick
    * Installed utouch package at last release
    * Installed python-pymt package

    This command, *sudo lsinput*,  returns: "/dev/input/event0 protocol
    version mismatch (expected 65536, got 65537)". Not sure what that is
    about.

Same error here,

Cheers,
DP