Explaining testing cycles

Hello guys,

Since we started asking for testing and reports at the testing tracker
[1] we only have had a "testing cycle".

A testing cycle is a period of time where testers can test and report
back. Once they have added their results to the tracker, they can only
update their results, not adding new ones.

We should be more aware of this and try to define better testing cycles
to make the most out of the information our testers provide.

My suggestion is that, when important changes land into the PPA or
Ubuntu (and we should distinguish those) we could start a testing cycle
for those changes, and send a call for testing.

So, please, let me know when you guys want to start a testing cycle and
how you think we should be organizing those.

Thanks!
Ara.

Follow ups