Re: Explaining testing cycles

On 09/09/2010 08:08 AM, Ara Pulido wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> Since we started asking for testing and reports at the testing tracker
> [1] we only have had a "testing cycle".

Ah, so the tests listed here are part of the "MT_TestMilestone" testing
cycle?
  http://multitouch.qa.ubuntu.com/

> A testing cycle is a period of time where testers can test and report
> back. Once they have added their results to the tracker, they can only
> update their results, not adding new ones.
>
> We should be more aware of this and try to define better testing cycles
> to make the most out of the information our testers provide.
>
> My suggestion is that, when important changes land into the PPA or
> Ubuntu (and we should distinguish those) we could start a testing cycle
> for those changes, and send a call for testing.

This is a great idea. Just to get a visual/data sense of this, there
would then be a new section on the mt.qa page? Would the old section
still remain for reference?

> So, please, let me know when you guys want to start a testing cycle and
> how you think we should be organizing those.

We're going to (very soon) want to add a series of gesture testing for
Unity, so that we have tests that match John and Mark's recent gesture
spec work.

> Thanks!
> Ara.

Thanks again, Ara!