Re: Peter Hutterer's thoughts on MT in X

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 12:06 PM, Mark Shuttleworth
<mark.shuttleworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 06/10/10 17:26, James Carrington wrote:
>
> There won’t be a lot of these applications, but the ones that do will really
> show the advantages of multi-touch (and pen) and should be supported IMHO.
>
> Agreed, I think we're perfectly aligned, what I was ruling out was multiple
> toolkits with "standard" gestures.

I think we are all talking about the same thing, but from different
angles and with different terms (my fault :). The MT features on
laptops/notebooks would most likely be different from those on
desktops/workstations. End users and professionals would use them
differently too. So, I think the two levels of diversities,
toolkit/app layer and system-wise, offered us enough flexibility to
cover "dummy" end users (with gestures) and trained professionals
(with sophisticated apps).

It is nice to work with a team.

Ping