Re: Peter Hutterer's thoughts on MT in X

I think I must have expressed my point poorly.  If anything I was trying to use
the enormity and impracticality of such an ideal solution to justify why we
should not dismiss the value of multiple gesture engines working together in a
friendly manor.

Permitting the forwarding of relatively unadulterated events means that a down
stream engine can work nicely where it needs to support novel features.  By
letting the downstream engine be a client, it also eases the path to pushing
features upstream for the benefit of all.

I also think that if the ideal is our long-long-term goal, we stand to greatly
improve the chance of success, or at least ultimate progress, by making the near
term implementations useful and exciting.

In short, I mostly agree with your philosophy.  If anything, the only difference
might be that I think its good to remember from time to time what we plan to do
next and where we think this all may end up in the distant future.  I should
acknowledge that sometimes I get distracted thinking about the future stages too
much and need to be reminded to focus on today a bit more :)

Rafi