Re: Please test utouch-grail Stable Release Update

On Tue, 2010-10-12 at 13:39 -0400, Chase Douglas wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We fixed an issue with the Magic Mouse and gestures late in the Maverick
> development cycle. The updated libutouch-grail1 package didn't make it
> onto the CD, so we're working on a Stable Release Update (SRU) for it.
> The SRU process is at the last stage where we need people with a Magic
> Mouse to test the new package and ensure it works before it can be
> released to the Ubuntu community at large.
>
> If you have a Magic Mouse, please test out the fix in bug 647761:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/utouch-grail/+bug/647761
>
> In comment #12 you'll find brief instructions on how to enable the
> maverick-proposed archive for testing. Once you've tested it out (make
> sure you log out or restart after installing the new package!), leave a
> comment in the bug on whether it seems to have fixed the issue or caused
> regressions.
>
> Note that if you have the utouch-team unstable ppa enabled, you may need
> to downgrade from the libutouch-grail1 1.0.15+repack1-0ubuntu1~utouch1
> version package to 1.0.15-0ubuntu1. To check if you have this package
> installed, run:
>
> dpkg -l libutouch-grail1
>
> If you need to downgrade, run the following after enabling
> maverick-proposed:
>
> sudo apt-get install libutouch-grail1=1.0.15-0ubuntu1

Note that this may remove the utouch meta package, which in turn may
remove packages like utouch-gesturetest. I *think* the following route
will preserve utouch, ensuring that nothing is removed unexpectedly:

sudo apt-get install libutouch-grail1=1.0.15-0ubuntu1
libutouch-grail-dev=1.0.15-0ubuntu1 utouch-grail-tools=1.0.15-0ubuntu1.

If you've been bitten by this issue, perform the above step with the
utouch package added on the end.

Thanks for your patience!

-- Chase