Re: New GEIS v2.0 C Bindings posted

On Thu, 2010-12-02 at 21:47 +0100, Henrik Rydberg wrote:

> Some general question about one-finger gestures, contact data
> and the ability to traverse the Gesture/Contact state from geis. This also came
> up on IRC as a nice-to-have. Are there any plans to include the possibility to
> traverse the set of current one-finger gestures, for instance? Will all touch
> properties be accessible through the interface? Will multi-finger gestures refer
> to its more fundamental constituents, or send data separately?

I believe the plan was to treat single-touch (touch-begin and touch-end)
gestures as the source of contact information, and the whole
combinatorial thing can be used to cross-link between N-contact events
and individual contacts.

On second thought, that sounds hard from an application perspective and
from an implementation perspective.  I'd rather just keep the current
way of sending contact information as attributes of a gesture event.

Does this answer your question?

--
Stephen M. Webb <stephen.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Canonical Ltd.