Dell XT2 and Calibration (RHEL6)

Hey all;

Recently went through a great saga getting the touch screen (don't have
a stylus) working on a Dell XT2 under RHEL6+errata.

Huge thanks to Fafux[1] for lots of help.

My last remaining issue is calibration.

When I start up X, the touch is nearly unusable.  I have to tap
multiple times to get clicks to register and the cursor appears nowhere
near my finger as I drag.

I'm using 9600/7200 as my BottomX/BottomY values respectively (and have
also tried 9500 for BottomX) per suggestion.  Really no difference
though.

The main thing that _did_ help was this program[2].  After running
this, everything works _flawlessly_ in the mtview program and much,
much better in X itself.

However, the acceleration still seems off -- I'm trying to figure out
how I should adjust this?  Perhaps via the normal Xorg xset tool?  Why
would it be flawless in mtview but not in X?

In addition, I'd like to figure out if whatever the n-trig calibtation
tool does could be done automatically in the driver or in my X
configuration so I don't have to run this every time I reboot the
system...

Many thanks,
Ray

PS: I do hope to write up a HOWTO for all this on RHEL6 and identify
what things need to be packaged up.

[1] http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_name=AANLkTimkzaoXsyqRHvmPUjEpE%2Bpce9b44okxCChSukd0%40mail.gmail.com
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Multitouch/Calibration/Ntrig

Follow ups