multi-touch driver in mainline (hid)

Hello Rydberg,

I know this is not the correct list, but I think that you are
experienced enough to give to me a quick answer, as I saw
some your contributions in Linux also.

I coded the drivers for two USB multi-touch modules provided
by DataModul. These belongs to the EasyTouch family.
I did my work as an extension of drivers/input/touchscreen/usbtouchscreen.c
in kernel 2.6.32

Now I see that in latest kernels there is some work done in
drivers/hid/hid-multitouch.c by Stephane Chatty.

The question is very simple.
Where is the correct place in kernel for the multi-touch input support?

Sorry for the naive question, but I'm trying to get the difference between the two.
Any doc available in kernel?

Thx,
Arm

Follow ups