Re: MT Architecture Update

On Jan 20, 2011, at 5:45 AM, Florian Boucault wrote:

On 01/13/2011 06:43 PM, Duncan McGreggor wrote:
Hey all, just a quick update about the architecture (fresh diagram included):

We've had a chance to chat with Unity Shell/compiz devs this week, and
have solidified our compiz plans: grail/geis will have their
long-running instances in a compiz plugin. The unity compiz plugin
will use the GEIS API to get what it needs, and everything else
remains the same. This isn't really so much a change as filling in
details that we hadn't gotten to yet :-)

Thanks,

Thanks for the update Duncan.

No problem.

What does that mean for users of grail/geis if Compiz is not used?

Due to limited resources and the need to focus on a limited set of tasks, all of our development efforts involve Unity/Compiz.

That being said, the components are flexible enough to be used anywhere. Some examples of this should be evident when looking at the geis unit tests.