Re: A new release of xi 2.1 + utouch stack in xorg-unstable ppa

> > That being said, if there are many regressions, something's wrong and
> > we need to address it. If these exist, they need to be identified and
> > changes need to be made. If there's no evidence for additional
> > regressions, let's move on and get some work done; this is software,
> > there will always be bugs, no matter what we do.
> >
> > Here's what I need from you guys:
> >
> > What technical solution will get us to beta freeze the quickest, with
> > the least amount of fundamental changes to the current architecture,
> > with the most amount of currently-existing code in place?

Simply reverting a recent change might do the trick.

> The issue here is how we handle the interaction between grail for
> gestures and X for multitouch and pointer emulation. In my head, I think
> the easiest thing is to do what I've done with grail 1 in the
> xorg-unstable ppa: add timeouts to pass events through to X for
> multitouch and pointer emulation. Unfortunately, I can't think of a
> simple rework that can be accomplished in two and half weeks and gets us
> any closer.

With server-side grail, there is no technical reason why gestures
cannot be emitted in-flight, i.e., even though a touch is presented to
the application. Let's solve this on IRC and leave the poor folks in
peace.

Henrik