Multitouch Games: XInput 2.1

Hi again,

we have some good news.

As OXullo mentioned, the packages on his ppa now have XInput support. I'd like to add that this should be fully working, so the games now run without additional configuration on any machine with a multitouch device and the packages from the utouch ppa. There is autodetection in place and a fallback to libmtdev (or mouse if it comes to that).

XInput 2.1 turned out to be incredibly stable. After the initial ones, I encountered no glitches whatsoever in the behaviour, which made development a breeze :-).

If you'd like to test things, install the ppa and start either empcommand, mttroff, planarity or magictouch. There's still a bit of development going on in the games, but all should be playable.

Cheers,

  Uli

Ulrich von Zadow | +49-172-7872715
Jabber: coder@xxxxxxxxxx