New Multitouch Games

Hi everyone,

we have all multitouch games packaged and working with the updated XInput 2.1 API :-).

Installing python-libavg-games from OXullo's ppa (https://launchpad.net/~oxullo/+archive/libavg) on top of the utouch stack should get everything running.

Do you need anything else from us to get the packages into natty?

As far as we can see from our side, there are two issues left:

The first is that running the games with software rendering is really slow. Currently, this applies to all computers with NVidia cards, since the proprietary drivers haven't been updated yet. Obviously, that should fix itself. Gameplay is nice and smooth on Ubuntu 10.10 with libmtdev support.

The second is that with mesa rendering, libstdc++ and mesa interact to cause a segfault on start. It can be worked around with export LD_PRELOAD=libstdc++, but that's obviously not a general solution. Here is the old bug report on launchpad - it's still accurate:
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mesa/+bug/259219
And this is what we're doing about it right now:
    https://www.libavg.de/wiki/index.php/Known_Linux_Installation_Issues#glibc_invalid_pointer

Cheers,

  Uli

Ulrich von Zadow | +49-172-7872715