Re: New Multitouch Games

On 02/22/2011 09:56 AM, Ulrich von Zadow wrote:
> The second is that with mesa rendering, libstdc++ and mesa interact to cause a segfault on start. It can be worked around with export LD_PRELOAD=libstdc++, but that's obviously not a general solution. Here is the old bug report on launchpad - it's still accurate:
>     https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mesa/+bug/259219
> And this is what we're doing about it right now:
>     https://www.libavg.de/wiki/index.php/Known_Linux_Installation_Issues#glibc_invalid_pointer

For this particular issue I've proposed a hack to manually load
libstdc++ before Mesa:

https://code.launchpad.net/~chasedouglas/utouch/libavg-packaging-load-libstdc++/+merge/50995

I'm taking a look at the real issue in Mesa though. We'll see how that goes.

As Stephen noted, I think we should set up project spaces in launchpad,
if only just for the packaging of the games. Right now you're
piggy-backing off of the utouch meta project, and though we don't really
mind :), we should get you your own space. I'd be happy to help you with
this if you'd like. Would you like to chat on IRC to set this up? Catch
me on #ubuntu-touch, my nick is cnd, and we can get started.

Thanks again for the awesome games!

-- Chase