Single-touch behaviour

A discussion of the expected behaviour of one-touch gestures came up
earlier today in a telephone conversation.  The Unity developers
expressed concern that would be unable to implement single-touch hover
behaviour because single touches are interpreted by a lower layer as
mouse pointer actions are are not delivered as gestures even when
requested.

This issue was also raised today by the community in bug #723304
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/utouch-geis/+bug/723304>.

I know we have discussed this a number of times but I think we need to
firmly establish and document the expected behaviour of one-touch
gestures within uTouch.  Especially taking into account recent end-user
feedback.

Comments welcome.

--
Stephen M. Webb <stephen.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>