Re: GISpL: a (very rough) gesture language specification

On 03/04/2011 08:08 AM, Florian Echtler wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I've been busy during the last week writing a formal specification for
> GISpL, the gesture language which is at the core of libTISCH.
>
> Since this is supposed to be usable across architectures and devices,
> I'm very interested to hear your input on this.
>
> So please visit http://gispl.org/ and tell me your opinions. Please keep
> in mind that this is a very rough first draft which will likely change
> during the next hours and days, but I think that having your input
> already at an early stage will be very valuable.
>
> Many thanks,
> Florian

Florian,

This looks fantastic. I read through it quickly (right now my time is
limited... release time is coming up!), but it looks *a lot* like what
were thinking about doing. Your definitions look sound at a glance, as I
would expect them to be.

When I have some time, I'd like to chat more with my guys about this and
explore some use cases and then try to formulate them with this definition.

On the flip side, if you've done any work like that yet, we'd *love* to
see it.

We will be having another Gesture Language discussion at UDS this cycle,
and it looks like this specification/definition is the place to start
for that.

Thanks again!