Re: unity-2d and GEIS

On 03/12/2011 05:09 PM, Stephen M. Webb wrote:
On Sat, 2011-03-12 at 16:19 +0100, Florian Boucault wrote:
Thanks for the help guys.

The bug was filed against Unity 2D:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity-2d/+bug/733244

And fixed:
https://code.launchpad.net/~fboucault/unity-2d/fix_geis_gesture_names/+merge/53131

I expect the fix to be reviewed probably on Monday and therefore landing
in the daily builds (PPA) ready to test on Tuesday.

The fix was trivial though I think it denoted an API change in GEIS.

There was no API change.  The attribute data associated with gestures is
variable, including whatever gesture name string is passed.  This name
could be different depending on what recognizer is used, for example if
GEIS were wrapping native Windows or Mac OS gesture recognition.

It is preferable to use the gesture_type parameter passed in to the
callback to determine the gesture type rather than extracting and
comparing the name attribute.

Thanks for the clarification Stephen. I remember very clearly trying to use the gesture type in Maverick and it was just not working: types were simply not matching.
I will try that in Natty when time permits.

Thanks again,

Florian