Re: Ginn "Oneric" Spec

El día 3 de junio de 2011 17:51, Chase Douglas
<chase.douglas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:
> On 06/03/2011 10:52 AM, José Expósito wrote:
>>> The one thing I still don't see is how to match on a specific device
>>> type. For example, we want to be able to match scroll events in one
>>> direction for trackpads and in the opposite direction for touchscreens.
>>> Have I missed this in the document?
>>
>> The more similar thing to do this is the INVERTED property in the
>> SCROLL action. But, the synaptics driver don't provides this feature
>> by default? I haven't got a touch screen to test it :(
>>
>> Anyway, in my humble opinion, that inverted scroll property is more
>> easy to the user that configure actions for our touchscreen/touchpad
>> becuase:
>> - Normally user has a touchpad or a touchscreen, no with both in the
>> same computer
>
> There are many computers with both a touchpad and a touchscreen. For
> example, most convertible tablets have both, like the Dell XT2.
>
>> - For tablets, the logic way to scroll is use one finger. Qt and/or
>> GTK have a good support for do something like this?
>
> Hopefully they will soon, but they don't have support for this right now.
>
>> - I think that the scroll action is the only action that needs make
>> the difference between touchscreen and touchpad
>
> Maybe, but maybe not. I think a generalized approach would be helpful.
>
>> - I think that use the synaptics driver is the better way to scroll
>> with two fingers, because, if we get the tow fingers drag gesture in
>> the root window, we will override all applications specified
>> gestures... At least when Qt applications works well with the
>> synaptics scroll, for the moment is not usable
>
> The problem with mixing synaptics two finger scrolling and Ginn is that
> we may end up with a varied experience between the two. It would be
> preferable if we could have Ginn be the only source of scroll gestures
> when the gestures aren't already part of the toolkit or application.
>
>> Anyway, if you don't agree I haven't got problems in add a device property ;)
>
> I think this would be best :).
>
>> Another thing... talking about tablets, we probably will need get the
>> one finger drag gesture to use it with touchscreens.
>
> Yep, this is one example where having the device type would be helpful.
> We can match on touchscreens for one finger drag and have it handle
> scroll events.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -- Chase

Ok, do you like something like this?

<application name="All">

   <!-- This gesture is only for touchpads -->
   <gesture type="drag" fingers="2" direction="all" device="touchpad">
       <action type="SCROLL">SPEED=7:INVERTED=false</action>
   </gesture>

   <!-- This gesture is only for touchscreens -->
   <gesture type="drag" fingers="1" direction="all" device="touchscreen">
       <action type="SCROLL">SPEED=7:INVERTED=true</action>
   </gesture>

   <!-- Common gestures -->
   <gesture type="pinch" fingers="5" direction="out" device="all">
       <action type="SEND_KEYS">KEYS=Control_L+W</action>
   </gesture>

   <gesture type="pinch" fingers="5" direction="in" device="all">
       <action type="SHOW_DESKTOP"></action>
   </gesture>

</application>