Re: Sources for XI2.1 setup

On 06/22/2011 07:06 AM, Rhishikesh wrote:
> Hi All
> I just wanted to know where i can get the latest sources to build the
> entire XI2.1 stack right from the latest inputproto to the xinput test
> utility for enabling MultiTouch and gestures.
> I have looked around in the repositories of cndougla and daniels on the
> cgit, but the xserver package doesnt seem up to date with the latest
> inputproto-multitouch branch.
> Can somebody please point me in the right direction.

Hi Rhishikesh,

In Ubuntu 11.04 and the upcoming 11.10 releases we have a prototype
version of XInput 2.1. This conforms to an earlier version of XInput 2.1
than the latest discussed upstream on the xorg-devel mailing list. You
can find the patches that implement it in the packaging branches for the
xorg-server, libxi, xinput, xserver-xorg-input-evdev, and
xserver-xorg-input-synaptics packages of Ubuntu. To find the patches for
each package, go to:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-branches/ubuntu/oneiric/<package>/oneiric/files/head:/debian/patches/

(You can get to the above through many click-throughs if you start at
http://code.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/<package>)

Daniel Stone is working on getting XInput 2.1 finished and upstream in
X.org. I've CC'd him in case he has any updates on that work.

-- Chase