Re: Apple Wireless Trackpad...

On 01/23/2012 07:11 PM, Scott Bambrough wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using an Apple wireless track pad in Oneiric (completely up to date
> x86-64 system) with Unity. I've got the trackpad paired, and it seems to
> work with one finger (I get mouse pointer movements).
>
> I've used gesturetest as described here:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Multitouch/Testing/UsingGesturetest
>
> I see gesture ids for one & two finger gestures here.
>
> I run evtest /dev/input/event6
>
> I see one and two finger events, however, if I do a triple tap, the
> events stop from the trackpad.  I will get no events for about 5 min,
> then it seems to clear up and work again.
>
> Any ideas?

There's a long standing bug in the input stack somewhere that has been
hard to nail down. We haven't been able to reproduce it ourselves, and
it seems to affect a small minority of people, so it's lingered. Our new
stack that will be in Precise will have a completely different
foundation, so this bug will disappear anyway.

The issue seems to be some bad state in xserver-xorg-input-evdev.
Removing the kernel driver and reloading it fixes things:

$ sudo rmmod hid-magicmouse
$ sudo modprobe hid-magicmouse

I'm sorry I don't have any better info right now...

-- Chase