Re: Policy on formatting fixes intermixed with code changes?

On 26/03/12 18:09, Chase Douglas wrote:
Hi all,

As the uTouch project is growing larger and larger, we are now starting
to hit issues where code formatting may stray from the unity style
guidelines. When we develop changes, we might see incorrect style in
surrounding code. Should we have a policy that requires code format
fixes to be contained within separate commits? This has come up as an
issue in a recent merge proposal, and we haven't really discussed it
previously.

[...]
I suggest only fixing coding style in the lines your commit is going change anyway and not doing changes that solely fix coding style at all, even if they come as a separate commit. Unless something really ugly or big has happened (e.g. an entire file is using tabs instead of spaces).

- Daniel d'Andrada