Re: open-source driver for Microsoft Surface 2.0

Hello Henrik,

On 11.05.2012 11:38, Henrik Rydberg wrote:
>> I've written an open-source driver for the Microsoft Surface 2.0 touch
>> screen, which is available here: https://github.com/floe/surface-2.0/
> Great stuff! Yesterday, I was wondering when something like this would
> appear. :-)
Good timing, then ;-)

>> NB: right now, the provided tools just display the data and don't pass
>> it on to Linux, so interaction with utouch isn't possible right now. But
>> I hope I'll get around to writing an uinput bridge next week. If
>> somebody could point me to a recent uinput example for multitouch, that
>> would be awesome.
> Better yet, from the protocol details, it looks like it would be
> straight-forward to write an MT driver directly.
Can you suggest a kernel driver which I could use as base?

Also, slightly technical issue: the Surface has one single USB interface
with several bulk endpoints: one for coordinate data, one for raw image
data. AFAICT it's not possible to handle different endpoints in the same
interface with different drivers? Consequently, the MT driver should
also provide some sort of a video interface... (probably not a full V4L
interface, though, as there aren't any adjustable parameters to speak of).

Florian
--
SENT FROM MY PDP-11