Re: open-source driver for Microsoft Surface 2.0

> > Better yet, from the protocol details, it looks like it would be
> > straight-forward to write an MT driver directly.
> Can you suggest a kernel driver which I could use as base?

Sure, drivers/input/mouse/bcm5974.c seems like a candidate. It also
uses fixed endpoints directly.

> Also, slightly technical issue: the Surface has one single USB interface
> with several bulk endpoints: one for coordinate data, one for raw image
> data. AFAICT it's not possible to handle different endpoints in the same
> interface with different drivers? Consequently, the MT driver should
> also provide some sort of a video interface... (probably not a full V4L
> interface, though, as there aren't any adjustable parameters to speak of).

In anticipation of the pixelsense technique, I started scetching on a
memory-mapped input interface some time ago. It would be useful also
for the MS touchmouse. Let's see where we end up.

If possible, it would be great to get the full output of 'lsusb -vvv
-d 045e:0775 > lsusb-045e:0775.dat', issued when no drivers are bound
to the device.

Cheers,
Henrik