Re: Recent Activity

On 04/22/2014 01:14 PM, Mike Inman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking in the mailing list archives, and I see lots of activity
> back in the 2010-2012 timeframe, then nothing.
>
> Is there a new mailing list or other forum for ubuntu multitouch development?

No new mailing list, but you're better off using the ubuntu-dev mailing list for any development-related questions, even
for multi-touch questions.

> Particularly, I'd like to get my Qt applications recognizing
> multitouch gestures - I've got multitouch events being reported by
> geisview, but even sample apps like photosurface are only responding
> to single touch.

Qt does not use Geis, but instead has its own gesture recognizer (on the Ubuntu desktop, built using the XCB QPA which
means it uses XInput2, just like Geis does).

Again, there are a lot of Qt experts on the ubuntu-dev mailing list, since Ubuntu us switching to using Qt as the main
toolkit in the future.

--
Stephen M. Webb  <stephen.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>