mylvmbackup-discuss team mailing list archive

mysql server has gone away during hook-script

Hello all,

I have a hook script that runs during preunlock that kicks off mysqldumps.  During that time I receive this error:

20090430 11:36:55 Info: Unlocking tables...
DBD::mysql::db do failed: MySQL server has gone away at /usr/local/bin/mylvmbackup line 210.
20090430 11:36:55 Error: MySQL server has gone away

It dumps each database to a separate file, and the number of files generated per day does match the number of databases, so I don't know what to make of the error...

I am also doing snapshots of the database in a separate iteration of mylvmbackup on the same servers, and it completes without issue.

Running version 0.11...

I tried increasing the mysql wait_timeout variable to 2 hours thinking it was the session timing out, but that did not seem to get rid of the error.  Any ideas ?

--jer