mylvmbackup-discuss team mailing list archive

Re: RHEL 5/CentOS 5 package config

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 14:13, Kjetil Torgrim
Homme<kjetil.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-06-14 at 19:56 +0400, Kirill Morozov wrote:
>> i think you need to modify default RHEL/CentOS package config.
>> You need to change path to lvm tools.
>>
>> lvcreate=/usr/sbin/lvcreate
>> lvremove=/usr/sbin/lvremove
>> lvs=/usr/sbin/lvs
>
> in my own copy, I've ripped out these variables.  much better to set
> $PATH explicitly.

Hmm, I wasn't even aware that some distributions put these tools into another
location. Why on earth would you want to put them into /usr? How do RHEL users
set up a /usr file system on LVM then?

Anyway, I guess it's fine to assume that $PATH is set correctly
instead of hard coding
absolute path names in the script.

Does anybody object if I change the respective variables accordingly?

Bye,
        LenZ
 Lenz Grimmer <lenz@xxxxxxxxxxx>                             -o)
 [ICQ: 160767607 | Jabber: LenZGr@xxxxxxxxxx]                /\\