mylvmbackup-discuss team mailing list archive

Re: RHEL 5/CentOS 5 package config

On Mon, 2009-06-15 at 17:07 +0200, Lenz Grimmer wrote:
> Hmm, I wasn't even aware that some distributions put these tools into another
> location. Why on earth would you want to put them into /usr?

to make / as small as possible.

> How do RHEL users set up a /usr file system on LVM then?

that's not a problem, you do it while in an environment where /usr is
available.  (after copying the data you can do mount --move if you are
doing the migration live.)  for booting, only /sbin/lvm is required.  it
is statically linked, and doesn't support readline etc.  (/usr/sbin/lvm
does.)

> Anyway, I guess it's fine to assume that $PATH is set correctly
> instead of hard coding absolute path names in the script.
>
> Does anybody object if I change the respective variables accordingly?

obviously none from me :)
--
Kjetil T. Homme
Redpill Linpro AS - Changing the game