mysql-proxy-discuss team mailing list archive

Re: New option --max-open-files

On Jan 18, 2009, at 3:32 PM, Joshua Zhu wrote:

Not sure what you mean by "rules", but generally I tend to use different
config files for testing different things.
Much more convenient and less repetitive especially for the array options,
like backends.

Sorry for not making it clear. The "rules" I meant were things like
rewrite rules, ACLs, ..., etc. Or these should be implemented as
application (lua script) settings, as you pointed out?

yeah, that's clearly application logic and not config data.

for stuff like different groups of clusters (e.g. pools of slaves) we would need to have some kind of logic, or rather an extended notation for the backends, but that can easily be done in the lua script, as well.

cheers,
-k
--
Kay Roepke
Software Engineer, MySQL Enterprise Tools

Sun Microsystems GmbH    Sonnenallee 1, DE-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Thomas Schroeder, Wolfang Engels, Dr. Roland Boemer
Vorsitz d. Aufs.rat.: Martin Haering                    HRB MUC 161028