mysql-proxy-discuss team mailing list archive

Looking for feedback - Short options for MySQL Proxy

Hi everyone,

I decided to start working on this blueprint:

Chassis/Proxy should have short names for often used options
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/mysql-proxy/+spec/chassis-short-option-names

and I'm looking for some feedback. I think that we should have short
options being two/three letters, instead of only one.
This is so that we can append one letter for the plugin name, and then
another letter for the actual option.

These are my ideas:

(the ones with no short options are the ones _I_ think are not common,
but if you think this is not the case, please let me know :)

--defaults-file=<file>
--daemon
--user=<user>                -u
          Run mysql-proxy as user
  --basedir=<absolute path>
       Base directory to prepend to relative paths in the config
  --pid-file=<file>
               PID file in case we are started as daemon
  --plugin-dir=<path>
                   path to the plugins
  --plugins=<name>       -p
  plugins to load
  --log-level=(error|warning|info|message|debug)          log all
messages of level ... or higer
  --log-file=<file>
                   log all messages in a file
  --log-use-syslog
       log all messages to syslog
  --log-backtrace-on-crash
       try to invoke debugger on crash
  --keepalive
 -k      try to restart the proxy if it crashed
  --max-open-files
       maximum number of open files (ulimit -n)

  --admin-address=<host:port>                -aa         listening
address:port of the admin-server (default: :4041)
  --admin-username=<string>                   -au        username to
allow to log in (default: root)
  --admin-password=<string>                   -ap        password to
allow to log in (default: )
  --admin-lua-script=<filename>                -as       script to
execute by the admin plugin

  --proxy-address=<host:port>
-pa                    listening address:port of the proxy-server
(default: :4040)
  --proxy-read-only-backend-addresses=<host:port>       -pro
                       address:port of the remote slave-server
(default: not set)
  --proxy-backend-addresses=<host:port>                       -pba
           address:port of the remote backend-servers (default:
127.0.0.1:3306)
  --proxy-skip-profiling
                               disables profiling of queries (default:
enabled)
  --proxy-fix-bug-25371
                               fix bug #25371 (mysqld > 5.1.12) for
older libmysql versions
  --proxy-lua-script=<file>
     -ps                          filename of the lua script (default:
not set)
  --no-proxy
                               don't start the proxy-module (default:
enabled)
  --proxy-pool-no-change-user
                                 don't use CHANGE_USER to reset the
connection coming from the pool (default: enabled)

Note: I still do not know if -as would work or if I need two dashes
before the option.

Thanks

--
Diego Medina