mysql-proxy-discuss team mailing list archive

Re: Current LUA script working examples

Hi Brian,

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 8:51 PM, Brian Zammit <brianjzammit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm a 0.6.1 refugee thats looking to the updated 0.7 code (in the new repo
> ;) to allow this config to function.

Glad to see you looking at 0.7 !

> Its not clear to me what code in the pre 0.7 scripts should be
> functional/fixed and what may not work now.
>
> Are there updated working examples of pre 0.7 code scripts that are working
> in the current branch?

If you pull from the 0.7 branch, you can look at the Lua scripts in
the examples folder. Those have been updated to work with the latest
0.7 code.

There is a rw-splitting.lua file, but that one produces lots of
interesting conversations. First, it does not work out of the box for
everyone, you will need to see your environment and adjust it as it
fits.
It may work for you, but just keep this in mind.

Anyways, for the rw-splitting.lua file, you can look at this branch

https://code.launchpad.net/~diego-fmpwizard/mysql-proxy/bug-43424
(that branch is pending merging into the main MySQL Proxy Repository )
and the file is inside the lib/ folder

Please take a look at those and if you get any errors or have any
questions, email the list and we'll try to help.

Thanks!

Diego

eg. Server failover as found at