mysql-proxy-discuss team mailing list archive

Re: launchpad blueprint for funnel

Hi!

I haven't forgotten about this, I've just been busy, and I am about to
go on vacation (yay for me!).

We have rolled out the plugin on some of our main select slaves (as a
proof-of-concept), and the nice thing is that we can now bring a db
slave (and a quite powerful one at that) to its knees, even though we
are funneling clients through a small number of backend connections.
The threaded I/O starts to help once we reach peak query throughput.

The bad part is that is has ceased to be the bottleneck, and some
other previously hidden issues now bubble up. :)

I will resume work documenting and cleaning/adding tests/refactoring
the plugin when I return. And also provide some benchmarks in real
world usage.

Cheers

--
Nick Loeve