mysql-proxy-discuss team mailing list archive

0.7.2 now merged to trunk, includes Windows support

Hi!

Subject says it all, but let me explain:

I just pushed the CMake changes made in 0.7.2 to trunk, which means trunk should now build on Windows. It's untested yet (didn't have time) but it should work - the build farm should tell me soon :)

Anyway, if someone of you is on Windows, and wants to give it a try, we'd appreciate feedback to make it go smoother. If you are not on Windows, CMake works just as well for you. I just verified that it works fine (and for my tastes even better) on OS X. The output is cleaner (not verbose all the time), and the config run is faster AFAICT (totally non-scientific gut-feeling here).

We are also interested in hearing about Windows performance and/or integration problems. One thing we will be looking at is to provide a native installer, instead of just a .zip file, for Windows in a future release. So if anyone has something to share about how to make that happen, we are willing to listen ;)

cheers,
-k
--
Kay Roepke
Software Engineer, MySQL Enterprise Tools

Sun Microsystems GmbH    Sonnenallee 1, DE-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Geschaeftsfuehrer:    Thomas Schroeder,  Wolfang Engels,  Wolf Frenkel
Vorsitz d. Aufs.rat.: Martin Haering                    HRB MUC 161028