mysql-proxy-discuss team mailing list archive

MySql Proxy 0.7.2 - Network timeout configuration

Hi,

I'm new to the list.

I installed mysql-proxy 0.7.2 on a debian lenny system with two backend servers for failover scenario. I only do SELECT queries on both backend's. No writes.

The failover works as expected and the proxy changes the server backend if one of the two backend's rejects the connection or times out.

The only problem now is, that the default network timeout is about 3 minutes which I think is to long for me. Is there a way to change the timeout to 10 or 15 seconds?

I searched the archives but I found only a solution for 0.6.0 with lua scripts.

It's not a problem for me to change the timeout in source code and recompile the wohle proxy, but I'm not a c-programmer so I don't know where to look in the code.

Thanks for your help
Urban Loesch