mysql-proxy-discuss team mailing list archive

Re: MySql Proxy 0.7.2 - Network timeout configuration

Hi Diego,

thanks for your fast answer.
Sorry perhaps I haven't explained it not exactly enough.

It takes 3 minutes for the proxy to know that one backend is down or not reachable because of some network interruptions.

I made some tests and I "DROP" all connections from the proxy to the first backend with the firewall. So I can simulate a possible network interruption to backend 1.

With "netstat" I followed the proxy connection and I see for 3 minutes a "SYN_SENT" to backend 1, before the proxy is changing the connection to backend 2.

For me it's very important that this timeout is as low as possible, perhaps 15 Seconds will be enough.

Many thanks
Urban

Diego Medina wrote:
Hi Urban,

What do you mean by a 3 minute timeout?

* It takes 3 minutes for the proxy to know that one backend is down?
* It takes 3 minutes for the proxy to know that the backend is "not"
down any more?

Thanks

-Diego