mysql-proxy-discuss team mailing list archive

Re: Refactoring cmdline option and default handling

On Jul 30, 2009, at 2:15 PM, nick loeve wrote:

I think GOptionGroup's are good, as you get the per-group help for
free, and like you say having the user_data param gives you extra
flexibility.

as a side note: we are already using option groups, just not with the user_data and post-parse hook. and they are constructed in the chassis, even for the plugin options, as we only pass back a GOptionEntry[] not a complete group. That would be one incompatible change, for example (and would affect all plugins, naturally, even though nothing has really changed).

cheers,
-k
--
Kay Roepke
Software Engineer, MySQL Enterprise Tools

Sun Microsystems GmbH    Sonnenallee 1, DE-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Geschaeftsfuehrer:    Thomas Schroeder,  Wolfang Engels,  Wolf Frenkel
Vorsitz d. Aufs.rat.: Martin Haering                    HRB MUC 161028