mysql-proxy-discuss team mailing list archive

Re: mysql proxy IMPROVING performance?

A note:

if we increase the result set size for a SELECT statement by increasing the
> size of the table, eventually (around 7000) they are faster, too.
>  (resultSetSize.png shows that data.)

That chart measures the % of overall time that the proxy is responsible for.
 So, we expect it to decrease to close to zero as the result set increases,
because the query itself is taking longer (so the proxy takes less time
relative to the overall time).  But then we don't expect it to ever get
negative, because that means we're *improving* performance.