mysql-proxy-discuss team mailing list archive

Re: Some question about the plugin mechanism.

Am 18.11.2010 um 14:37 schrieb Ray Allen:

> Hi, all:
>
>     Since mysql-proxy-0.8.0 introduced a mechanism to develop outsource plugins, recently I developed a plugin which enables writing python script instead of lua ones to perform same functions as lua. I released my code as an open source project, on Google Code: http://code.google.com/p/mysql-proxy-python/. This is my first open source project. I don't know if I did something wrong.
>
>     Here is a question: does mysql-proxy have the plan of supporting other languages? Through lua is good and enough, but it will be better to support other languages. Since in my web-development working area many people seems not be able using it.

We actually plan as part of MySQL Proxy 0.9 to make the scripting support pluggable.

The main goal is:
* remove the global plugin hook lock
* allow C-only plugins for the proxy plugin
* allow other scripting languages to be used

Python was one of the candidates to be added. Nice that you already gave it a start.

Jan