myunity team mailing list archive

Updates about MyUnity

Hi David!

A few updates regarding MyUnity:

- I uploaded the package into Archive a few days ago. It's in the NEW
queue, I guess it will be approved soon.

- MyUnity source code is now on a bzr branch on LP. [1]

- Translations are our current issue. gambas has a pretty weird way to
manage .po(t) files. As you can see, everything is in a hidden
directory, .lang, and all translations are included within the binary
blob after compilation. Then, the program will choose the language at
runtime depending on the system locale. We wish to manage translations
on LP, but unfortunately looks like the branch isn't automagically
imported buy LP (probabily due to being hidden, or wrong naming scheme
for files within). On the other side, english translation is now
available, and next MyUnity release will add more languages. If you
have suggestions to improve our management of translations or start
using Rosetta, they will be greatly appreciated.

Have a great day,
Andrea.

[1] lp:myunity, https://code.launchpad.net/~myunity/myunity/trunk

--