From: Geoff Smith
Sent: 11/27/13 02:10 AM
To: newdocs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Newdocs] Guidance For Multiple Indexed Pages.

Hi Leigh and David,

There are numerous pages within NewDocs that have a second position on a page Index.

For example :

This single page can be written with two Index Pages, one under "U" and the other under "D"

Ubuntu Design Blog and Design Blog Ubuntu. (Design Blog Ubuntu is not in yet).

[URL=http://design.canonical.com ]Ubuntu Design Blog[/URL]

[URL=http://design.canonical.com ]Design Blog Ubuntu[/URL]

It is my belief that this situation is an advantage as a wanted page can be found under a number of positions in the Index. From memory the majority of the pages in the system have probably been counted as extra pages when in reality perhaps they should not have been.(Does it really matter now?)

So then in going forward should these multiple index pages only be counted as one page? At the moment there are a further 6 multiple index pages waiting for including in NewDocs.

Let me know of your opinions,

With kind regards,
Geoff.

Follow ups