Re: Fwd: The "A" page

On 28/11/13 23:00, Leigh Tate wrote:
David, you amaze me with everything you do, but I have learned that you will faithfully get to our questions and needs. Don't ever think that's taken for granted!

On 27 November 2013 06:19, Leigh Tate < leigh.tate@xxxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:
Also, I don't know if we ever discussed what to do about ToBeReviewed. It was very handy to have it to put the links, but how do we make final decisions about these?
----- Original Message -----
From: David Manuel Pires
Sent: 11/28/13 06:31 AM
To: newdocs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Newdocs] Fwd: The "A" page

That's a very good and pertinent question. One option we could considered is to inform the Ubuntu Documentation Team Wiki Administrators team https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-doc-wiki-admins  alerting them to the fact that the pages in our ToBeReviewed page https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ToBeReviewed  need attention, since they are the ones who have administrative rights on the Ubuntu Documentation Wiki, namely the ability to rename and after reviewing even to delete pages from the wiki.
That's sounds like the best idea, then. When you get to it, you will note that in my PM draft to the wiki discussion thread, I mentioned asking community members to take a look. I think I'll omit that for now. If Geoff agrees with your idea, then we'll need to know how to approach that team and how they wish to handle entries on ToBeReviewed https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ToBeReviewed .
All the best,
Leigh

      Hi Leigh and  David,

      May I firstly congratulate you both for your great work.
Secondly I wish to apologize for my recent messups - I will try to be more alert and more careful in the future. Actually there are hundreds of pages in the main wiki that could be removed - Perhaps our problem would initially
      fall on deaf ears?
I was thinking perhaps that we could move the ToBeReviewed time out to two years, this would make it easier to administer - fine tuning could be done once we have an idea of the number of pages involved. An amusing aside - you both would have noticed the page with the very long Link- The reason I noticed it was because it raced past NewDocs on the Page Hits list. It is currently about 140 positions higher than NewDocs although our
      Page Hits performance appears to be gradually improving.

      Best wishes to you both,
      Geoff.