Re: The "A" page

On 28/11/13 23:31, David Manuel Pires wrote:
On 27 November 2013 07:25, Geoff Smith <taurusone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote
      Wow - you're way ahead of me - I just wanted to congratulate you in
case you are still around.
      I don't know how to get those new links working yet - perhaps David
can offer some guidance.

At your service, Geoff. From previous emails I'm assuming that you use
Thunderbird as a email client so here's what you have to do:

    1. Make sure you're using the HTML editor for messages by navigating
    to Preferences -> Account Settings... from the menu and highlight your
    account in the account list. Go to the Composition & Addressing category in
    the left pane and tick Compose messages in HTML format in the right pane.
    Click OK.
    2. Open a new message window and start to write your message and if at
    some point of it you need to insert a link just hit Ctrl-L keys and you'll
    get a "Link Properties" window opened, where you can enter the text to be
    displayed and its correspondent link location. Afterwards just press
    OK. Alternatively, you can also highlight existing text in your message and
    only then use the Ctrl-Lshortcut key. Then you merely have to enter the URL
    under Link Location.

Best wishes
David

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/slickymaster

Hi David and Leigh,

David, I believed that I had selected HTML in the preferences however when I viewed the archive it said something like HTML message excluded - I really don't know what is going
       on, Thank you for your input though.
       Regards,
       Geoff.