Re: Hybrid Graphics Page.

Hi.

On 6 January 2014 17:42, Charles Profitt <indigo196@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> ---- Pasi Lallinaho <pasi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> of a how to. If I was actually going to attemtp installing hybrid graphics,
> I think I'd find this one more useful.
> > > I agree.  Could these two be combined in a way or something so those to
> > > pages are linked together?  I will also cc this to the doc team since
> > > it's our work too.
> > >
> > > Svetlana Belkin
> >
> > Leigh's comment describes what the pages are. I think the most sensible
> > thing to do would just be to link to the former page from the latter,
> > and be done with it.
> >
> > Pasi
>
> I might be a bit of an old hard-liner, but wiki.ubuntu.com is not
> supposed to be for help / how-to documents. I would merge the information
> in to the help document on help.ubuntu.com/community

Before sending my opinion on this to both the mailing lists, I wanted to be
sure that I was not seeing the entire thing wrongly, and after discussing
it with Pasi in the -doc channel I think that the best approach would be to
insert a link in https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Config/HybridGraphics to
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HybridGraphics.
If we were to marge one into the other, we might fall under a double
maintaining effort situation, i.e., if one changes, somebody has to make
sure that the content of the other would be up-to-date.

Cheers,
David