From: David Manuel Pires
Sent: 01/06/14 06:12 PM
To: newdocs, ubuntu-doc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Newdocs] Hybrid Graphics Page.

Hi.

On 6 January 2014 17:42, Charles Profitt < indigo196@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:
---- Pasi Lallinaho < pasi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:
> On 06/01/14 16:00, Svetlana Belkin wrote:
> > On 01/06/2014 06:20 AM, Leigh Tate wrote:
> >> Well, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Config/HybridGraphics  seems more
> >> informational; it's tells us its there and what to expect.
> >> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HybridGraphics  appears to be more of a how to. If I was actually going to attemtp installing hybrid graphics, I think I'd find this one more useful.
> > I agree. Could these two be combined in a way or something so those to
> > pages are linked together? I will also cc this to the doc team since
> > it's our work too.
> >
> > Svetlana Belkin
>
> Leigh's comment describes what the pages are. I think the most sensible
> thing to do would just be to link to the former page from the latter,
> and be done with it.
>
> Pasi
I might be a bit of an old hard-liner, but http://wiki.ubuntu.com  is not supposed to be for help / how-to documents. I would merge the information in to the help document on http://help.ubuntu.com/community

Before sending my opinion on this to both the mailing lists, I wanted to be sure that I was not seeing the entire thing wrongly, and after discussing it with Pasi in the -doc channel I think that the best approach would be to insert a link in https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Config/HybridGraphics  to https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HybridGraphics .
If we were to marge one into the other, we might fall under a double maintaining effort situation, i.e., if one changes, somebody has to make sure that the content of the other would be up-to-date.

Cheers,
David