Re: ENRICHMENT OF THE BANK PAGE

On 30/01/14 03:56, David Manuel Pires wrote:
Hi, team.

Following Geoff's idea of creating a Bank
page<https://help.ubuntu.com/community/NewDocs/Bank> to
store potential pages, prior to link then in NewDocs, and in the sequence
of some discussions held between knome and me regarding the Ubuntu wiki and
Ubuntu official documentation as a all, knome has managed to mine some raw
data out of the PageHits page <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PageHits>.

Basically it's just the output of a function running on a server and it
uses cache if it has data from the current week and recur to arrays to
cross-reference between the existing data in NewDocs and PageHits, and
sorts it alphabetically.

Bottom line is, that after fiddling with a bit, we manage to have a listing
that shows only pages that aren't presently linked in NewDocs but have
registered >50k hits in the said period.
knome kindly put up a static copy of the list in his server so it could be
used as a working tool for what I have in mind, which is to double check
each page in the list to confirm that it isn't already linked in NewDocs
and at the same time ensuring the pages' merit to be part of NewDocs.

The list is available at http://temp.knome.fi/docs/docs-popular.html

What do you all think of this?

Cheers,
David

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/slickymaster

Hi David,

What a terrific resource. Thank knome on behalf of the rest of the team. I had a bit of a look and only came up with one https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DualBoot/MacOSX where NewDocs already has the Parent page listed. This will make our work so much easier - thanks to you too David.

Cheers,
Geoff.