From: Geoff Smith
Sent: 02/02/14 08:04 AM
To: newdocs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Newdocs] But 1st, team guidelines(?) [was Re: My Resignation.]

 Hi Leigh, Actually I consider you are overworked - I don't think dotting every i and crossing every t is necessary. I suspect that much of your posts are not looked upon with all that much interest by users anyway. Other than the occasional words of encouragement from a couple of the regulars, what are we met with on most occasions when we post anyway - stony silence, that's what. Even when you explicitly ask for help we are met with that same stony silence. I wonder if the end user even cares about how we go about updating and/or improving NewDocs. They make a choice about whether they use it for a tool or not, and and as for how it is updated and improved upon, I think most users couldn't care less. That stony silence has intrigued me for a long time - even if you asked what it is all about you probably would be met with the same stony silence lol. As for your job, I don't see why most of what you do NEEDS to be made public. The actual updating the pages in NewDocs is what I see your main job should be. And mine too, if I was still here. NewDocs is lacking something publicity wise - what it is exactly I don't know - but I think the present procedures are falling short as far as encouraging results go. We need users telling us on the Wiki thread what they are getting out of NewDocs. The Wiki thread needs to be improved upon to encourage reader interest and as a by product encourage the use of NewDocs. May be that idea of Link of the month with a summary would help. But as you say Leigh the positioning of the page and it's introductory Link are not ideal. Anyway that summarizes my current thoughts, Cheers, Geoff. -- Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~newdocs Post to : newdocs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~newdocs More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp