Re: Team Wiki Page Brainstorm

On 11/02/14 01:54, David Manuel Pires wrote:
Hi.

On 10 February 2014 13:16, Leigh Tate <leigh.tate@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

David thank you for this. It's a good starting place.

Svetlana, you mentioned earlier about writing up a rough draft for the
team wiki page. That's an excellent idea.

David, I agree about the contact page. It looks about perfect.

I've hesitated to mention this, but if we really want to do this via IRC,
my best time availability would be anywhere between 5 and 6:30 am EST.
Going on daylight I have to be out tending our livestock. I know that would
work well for David and Geoff; Svetlana I don't know about you. It's a bit
early and way too early for anyone within several time zones west of EST.
That's the only good uninterrupted chunk of time I have for writing and
computer work, however.

That time frame works perfectly for me.

Also, regarding my mention about keeping track of decisions made using
both email and IRC, I realize IRC can be recorded. It's about not having
the information and decisions consolidated in one place. Svetlana, you
mentioned the bots in this regard, but since I have no experiential
knowledge regarding that, I can't really make an intelligent response!

Well all the reasoning part of the work can be made on the IRC channel, and
afterwards it's just a matter of one of us writing a email to the mailing
list proposing whatever conclusion that might arise from our discussion,
including on said mail a link to the channel's log. That way everything
would be still consolidated.

Cheers,
David

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/slickymaster

Hi Team,

My first suggestion is that users could be invited to contribute to NewDocs on the Home Page. Perhaps a sentence something like "You are invited to contribute to NewDocs by adding your thoughts and suggestions on The discussion thread."

Cheers,
Geoff.