Re: Merging NewDocs with the Ubuntu documentation team

On 01/03/14 04:15, David Pires wrote:
Hello team.

On 25 February 2014 02:02, Svetlana Belkin <belkinsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear Geoff, and all subscribers:

With regards to our discussion on #ubuntu-newdocs on February 14th [1],
we are formally proposing to merge the NewDocs team to the umbrella
Ubuntu documentation team.

There are plenty advantages on this move, such as a more easy and
expedit information exchange between the NewDocs contributors and other
wiki people. Merging the teams will make this project more accessible
for new contributors looking for ways to help and hopefully help the
maintaining burden for both the NewDocs contributors and wiki admins.
Ultimately, we hope the merging will bring new contributors to both teams.

We will do our best to make the merge process a natural, and in many
ways, an expected one. Furthermore, we feel it is essential that
everybody who have contributed to NewDocs will continue their work
within the Ubuntu documentation team.

Also, along with this merge, we're proposing to rename the page in the
Community Help wiki to PopularPages, to be more discoverable and
meaningful. We will make sure the old page is redirected to the new one
when this change takes place.

Thank you,
Svetlana and David

[1] http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2014/02/14/%23ubuntu-newdocs.html#t01:27

Three days have elapsed since the sending of this email and facing the fact
that no one has objected on the content of it, I gather that there are no
argues from the team to what was proposed.

Being so, me and knome will begin the process leading to the merge of the
NewDocs team to the umbrella Ubuntu documentation team.

It's intended to be a staged process and desirably without mishaps,
beginning with the renaming of the wiki page name and then, gradually,
deactivating the Launchpad team and its mailing list.
Of course this means that both Leigh and Geoff should join the Ubuntu
Documentation Contributors
team<https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-doc-contributors> and
the Ubuntu Documentation Project Team <https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-doc> and
its mailing list.

While this process is on, I'll edit the team Launchpad page alerting people
to use the ubuntu-doc mailing list instead.
Also, #ubuntu-ops will be asked to forward our channel to #ubuntu-doc
channel.

I think that covers it all and hope that this next step, and growth, of the
project will make us all work harder on it's purpose, which is to make it a
even better learning medium and resource tool, versatile and fast.

Cheers,
David

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/slickymaster

Hi Team,

From what I see, being a member of the "Ubuntu Documentation Contributors" team automatically includes membership in the "Ubuntu Documentation Project Team" or have I overlooked something?
Also I could not see where to join the mailing list.

Kind regards,
Geoff.