Re: Gflags, Settings, Dependency Injection

Hi Vish,

If we want to keep things modular and have runtime module selection
like you mention, we probably need to rethink flags. Using gflags
may not be an option unless we can somehow make 'undefok=' a global
option. In other project (that was not in Python, so no code to help),
the flow is:

* Enforce the use of module names in the options. For example, for
  generic queue module options use --queue.*, for libvirt module
  options, use --libvirt.*. If we want to make this seamless, we
  would probably need to use something else instead gflags or create
  a wrapper to enforce the required behavior.

* Import the core option manager, first thing that happens when
  starting a binary.

* Parse all options, separating each out into the modules they belong
  to. We don't know what is valid yet, but we can at least group by module.

* Load any required modules via normal 'import' lines. They can verify
  options for their module space.

* Have some core flags that specify which modules to load, for example,
  use rabbit vs fakerabbit. Then 'import' the selected optional modules.

* As optional modules load, let them verify the module namespace
  options just like the required modules did.

* Any options for modules that were not loaded are just ignored.

Thoughts on this? It has worked out quite well in the other C++ project
for me, and with Python it would be even easier to put together. :)

-Eric