Re: Twisted or Eventlet?

Hi Michael,

++ On all points. Over the past few days while researching all this,
I went from being in the middle to the Eventlet side. Another couple
points to make:

* We are not actually using twisted for what it is powerful for -
  non-blocking I/O handling. The AMQP and Redis libs are still using
  blocking sockets and queues are being polled with a timer every 100ms
  with sync operations. There is still some work to be done to use
  it properly (replacing libs with twisted versions, restructure app).

* The places we are using twisted currently may not even need this,
  using a multi-process or multi-thread model may make more sense. See
  active thread discussing this right now.

* The application where we do need twisted/eventlet - nova-api - is
  currently still on tornado, so we can start using eventlet there and
  don't need to worry about converting twisted code already written
  (no wasted resources).

* We have eventlet experts and a large scale app already on hand
  with swift, so we can bug them with any questions. :)

-Eric