Re: Data architecture

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 5:14 PM, Eric Day <eday@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> clusters/guests/hosts exist and how to route requests to them. We'll
> most likely want to store this all in memory, but we can put a simple
> API in front of it so we could switch in the future. Redis may even
> be a good choice since it already drops snapshots.

To clarify this -- the API would be in the form of a library, included by
the code, e.g.

import cache
cache.get('some key')

and the cache would have a configurable backend in memory or memcached or
redis.

Pvo, does this mean your objection is irrelevant for now (changing from
in-memory to a datastore is just a config change) or were you unhappy with
the fact that the datastore wouldn't be shared between the workers and the
hosts?

Michael